Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

What fun we had at our Valentine's Day party yesterday!  I want to say a BIG "thank you" to all the parents who helped with the party, the kiddos had a blast!

In honor of Valentine's Day during our reading block we read a book called "A Special Kind of Love".  The students responded to the story by making text-to-self connections, writing about special ways you show love to them!

Here's what they came up with:

"My mom takes me to the store."
"My mom and dad buy me Puffles!"
"My mom gives me presents on my birthday.  She lets me buy Puffles."
"My mom tucks me into bed."
"My daddy drives me to school."
"My dad gets me Puffles." (Are you seeing a theme? haha)
"My mom gives me hugs and kisses and my dad brings me to the fire station and gives me rides on the fire truck.  He lets me play on the fire trucks."
"My mom brought me to the mermaid play."

I will try and post a few pictures of these journal entries, as well as our Kente cloth art projects, and the Silent e activity we have been working on in small groups later this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment